Director Health Information Management
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Health Information Management Makes It Possible
Join an Amazing Leadership Team.
Set your sights on a career with New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), and step up to the forefront of health information management (HIM). At NewYork-Presbyterian, our multi-campus team of HIM professionals is behind every world-renowned patient treatment, surgery and procedure. Come lead these experts ensure complete clinical documentation, accurate medical coding and proper reimbursement for our hospital. And now, you can lead the people who Make It Possible.
Director – HIM – NYP Enterprise
In this role, you will provide strategic leadership of Health Information Management Operations across all NYP Campuses. Promotes collaboration across Health Information Management and Revenue Cycle Operations to accomplish short and long term goals through effective communication, teamwork, and implementation in accordance with regulatory and Hospital requirements and Hospital strategic initiatives. Responsible for implementation of programs, timely delivery of Health Information Management services with a high reliability of customer service.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with Epic clinical record
- Bachelor’s degree
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Minimum of 7 years of related in an electronic environment
- Strong management skills
- Knowledge of Health Information Management principles
- Knowledge of Information Systems strategies and technologies
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and application
- Knowledge of revenue cycle
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.