Director Food and Nutrition
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of Food and Nutrition at Its Best
Director Food and Nutrition
Step into New York’s #1-ranked hospital, where food service professionals bring pride and passion to exceeding expectations. Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, one of our six state-of-the-art campuses, you’ll help maximize service quality within a compassionate culture of hospitality, committed to the comfort and well-being of the people we serve. It’s the kind of work that builds on our reputation for excellence while strengthening communities every day. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
In this role, the Director is responsible for directing all patient and retail operations for the Food and Nutrition Department at assigned site(s), including the Cafeteria and other retail outlets, Catering and Vending, while maintaining regulatory compliance, financial performance, and keeping aligned with Hospital values and goals. Drives strategic initiatives and training to continuously enhance quality of results, revenue, operational efficiency, and effectiveness within budget parameters as set by the Vice President of Support Services. Leads the team to consistently provide high quality results, with a strong focus on customer service in a hospitality-oriented environment.
- Master’s Degree
- Current Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association and Licensed Dietitian
- Healthcare, retail and operational management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or Certification from an accepted Culinary School in Restaurant Management or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years food service experience with at least 7 years in a food service leadership role
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with executive Hospital personnel
- Strong customer service skills and hospitality orientation
- Strong project and time management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of high quality culinary preparation and service
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong fiscal management skills and/or contract management service experience is desirable
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.