Development Officer - Administration
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Making a Difference
Gracie Square Hospital, a psychiatric inpatient facility located on a quiet side street on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, is now experiencing a period of extraordinary transformation and revitalization. Through our affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s premier academic healthcare delivery systems, Gracie Square Hospital is undergoing renovations, growing its staff, and enhancing services and programs. Under new leadership, the hospital is focused on providing the highest quality of care, evidence-based treatments, education, and training.
Under the guidance and direction of the President and CEO, and in collaboration with members of the NewYork-Presbyterian Office of Development, the Development Officer will develop new and existing fundraising activities at Gracie Square Hospital. In this role, you will build on the development infrastructure created over the past few years and is responsible for managing relationships with Gracie Square’s donor base. As the Development Officer, you will identify, qualify, cultivate, and steward donors. You will also engage in approved fundraising strategies that include partnering with physicians and staff to build a culture of philanthropy at the hospital, staffing the hospital’s Board of Trustees’ Development Committee, and seeking the support of private, family, and corporate charitable foundations as sources of fundraising revenue.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in annual or major gifts solicitation and portfolio management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and donor database experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to build, influence and engage volunteers and donors
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to both work independently without close oversight and be team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Gracie Square and NewYork-Presbyterian
- High energy and a passion for the mission of Gracie Square Hospital
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.