Cytotechnologist – Days – Koch Ambulatory Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Lab Science Saves Lives
Cytotechnologist Make It Possible
Cytotechnologist – Days – David H. Koch Ambulatory Center
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The David H. Koch Center, opening in April 2018 at our NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell campus, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience. This 750,000-squarefoot, multi-specialty treatment center is designed to accommodate the latest technologies and will feature many innovations in the delivery of care to meet patients’ expectations in new ways.
At the David H. Koch Center, you’ll find a patient-focused, engaging, and supportive environment. Here you’ll perform high complexity testing procedures required to provide diagnoses for Cytology Specimens. Assist on Fine Needle Aspirations and biopsy procedures in Radiology, Endoscopy and the Operating Rooms by making and staining smears, and performing rapid on site evaluation of specimen adequacy (ROSE). Examine gynecological, non-gynecological, and needle aspirate specimens. Determine preliminary diagnosis for review by Cytopathologists. Verify test results against accepted quality control standards; record all findings on laboratory computer system.
This is a day shift position. Schedule: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm or 10:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Cytotechnologist
- Experience with telepathology system
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASCP Cytotechnologist Certification
- New York State licensure from the New York Department of Education
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art ambulatory care center and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.