Creative Arts Therapist, Dance or Drama Preferred - Family PEACE Trauma Treatment Center - Grant Funded - Per Diem
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Creative Arts Therapists Make a Difference.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Family PEACE Trauma Treatment Center merges world-class care with compassion. The Family PEACE (Preventing Early Adverse Childhood Experiences) Trauma Treatment Center (FPTTC) at New York Presbyterian Hospital provides mental health services to children ages birth to five years of age (0-5), and their primary caregivers, who have been exposed to various forms of trauma including violence and abuse.
Creative Arts Therapist, Master's - Family PEACE Trauma Treatment Center - Grant Funded (Per Diem)
The FPTTC is dedicated to improving the safety and well-being of children and caregivers by addressing the psychological impact of trauma exposure, re-establishing safety for the family and improving the quality of parent-child attachment – all in an effort to interrupt the intergenerational transmission of violence and trauma. We are seeking a Per Diem Bilingual (English/Spanish) licensed Creative Arts Therapist to help expand our Creative Arts Therapies component. The Creative Arts Therapist will incorporate creative expression using art, music, movement, or drama into the therapeutic process. This intervention will be offered as individual or group sessions for adults, children, and/or families.
- Experience working with trauma survivors and young children
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree in Creative Arts Therapy
- Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT)
- Art Therapy Registration (ATR)
- Basic Life Support Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.