Coordinator Transplant Oncology
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Define the future of care delivery.
Where Amazing Works:
Transplant Coordinator - RN - Bone Marrow Transplant Unit - Days - Columbia University irving Medical Center
Something amazing is happening in the rapidly growing field of stem cell medicine, and nurses are leading the way. Here at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, our Blood and Marrow Transplant service received a $20 million uplift that includes a 9,400-square-foot, fully dedicated, 18-bed BMT unit. Experience this unique opportunity to join and advance the BMT program and contribute to process improvements as an integral member of an Ivy League-affiliated oncology team, where low coordinator-to-patient ratios allow for a greater patient-focus. While managing outpatient BMT care, you'll collaborate with inpatient staff under the direction of the renowned Dr. Markus Mapara, Director of the Blood and Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Program, to provide cohesive patient care.In this role, you'll coordinate the transplant experience for selected candidates and serve as medical liaison for departments involved in transplant patient care, while ensuring adherence to protocols and program requirements, data collection and reporting. You'll also serve as a valuable resource as you communicate with patients, donors and their families in a caring, compassionate way throughout their journey.At NewYork-Presbyterian, you’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
The hours are 3 10-hour shifts and 1 7.5 hour shift every week. Schedule can be negotiated.
- Previous experience in Bone Marrrow Transplant Care or Heme Malignancy Treatment
- Previous coordinator experience
- OCN certification
- At least two years of acute care RN Oncology experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- BCLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.