Coordinator Organ Procurement
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Organ Procurement Coordinator
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving and Weill Cornell Medical Centers, the complexity of our cases still provide measured outcomes that rank among the best. Work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless patients. It’s the kind of care that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism.
Our Organ Procurement Coordinators work directly with patients and transplantation teams to ensure lifesaving procedures are successful.In this role you'll have access to some of the best and brightest clinicians in the world, directly impacting our patients' successful outcomes. Every minute, our team is Putting Patients First. Take this opportunity to serve our two Ivy League affiliated Academic Medical Centers, optimizing your expertise for all aspects/logistics of organ retrieval among our patients, surgeons, and Organ Procurement Organizations. Join our rewarding and impactful transplant team, and make a difference in someone's future with the procurement of their gift of life.
This is a full-time remote position covering our Columbia & Weill Cornell liver transplantation teams. Our procurement coordinator team covers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Knowledge of Epic & DonorNet software
- Knowledge of patient care and organ procurement
- High School Diploma/GED, plus Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- EMT/Paramedic/LPN or equivalent clinical background
- Clinical experience in acute care/emergency management
- Prior experience with inotropic support, pressor support, echocardiogram reports, CXR, hemodynamics, life threatening implications of arrhythmias and the mechanisms of traumas
- Ability to self-direct and multi-task in an inter-disciplinary environment
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.