Coordinator Clinical Data - Outpatient - Part Time
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
HIM, Accountability and Viability: Health Information Management Makes It Possible
Clinical Data Coordinator – Outpatient - Part Time
Set your sights on a career with New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), and step up to the forefront of health information management (HIM). At NewYork-Presbyterian, our multi-campus team of HIM professionals is behind every world-renowned patient treatment, surgery and procedure. These are the experts who ensure complete clinical documentation, accurate medical coding and proper reimbursement for our hospital. And now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible.
The Clinical Data Coordinator will coordinate activities focused on ensuring the accuracy and integrity of clinical data, as well as its compliance with regulatory standards and hospital revenue initiatives. Provide expertise in the areas of coding and classification systems to healthcare providers throughout our hospital, with a focus on outpatient, and help drive improvements in documentation, reimbursement and the revenue cycle. Direct and evaluate the performance of assigned staff. Perform chart, internal/external coding and APG reviews to ensure compliance with established coding principles and documentation guidelines.
- 5 years of Health Information Management/Medical Records experience in an academic medical center environment
- Prior experience as a DRG Coordinator
- Experience with 3M
- RHIA or RHIT certification
- 3 years of outpatient coding experience
- CCS certification from AHIMA
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Strong interpersonal and coder education expertise skills are essential to succeed
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.