Compliance Coding Coordinator
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Maximize Compliance and Privacy at New York’s #1 Hospital: You Make It Possible
Compliance Coding Coordinator
Bring your expertise to NewYork-Presbyterian hospital and our leading regional hospital network, where talented, detail-oriented professionals like you are supporting standards for the hospital's compliance and privacy program. With your exceptional documentation and coding, interpersonal and communication skills, you’ll gain insights that will help us enhance the patient experience and solidify our reputation for excellence. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Reporting to the Billing Compliance Administrator, this position is responsible for the education and monitoring compliance life cycle within NYPH Medical Groups. This includes educating providers and staff and conducting timely audits of medical records to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the organization's coding procedures, and standards for NYPH Medical groups. You will also be responsible for assessing areas of risk and educating providers and physicians regarding identified documentation and coding deficiencies. This position will closely partner with Physicians, Physician Leaders, as well as interdepartmental teams such as Finance to maintain compliance with regulations, including Medicare and Medicaid coding practices. You will be expected to maintain expert knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-10 guidelines across multiple specialties.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associates Degree
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Certified Coding Specialist(CCS) Certification through the American Health Information Management Information Association (AHIMA)
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-10 guidelines across multiple specialties
- Able to conduct regulatory research and monitor significant changes
- Maintains certifications and stays abreast of annual CPT coding changes
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively evaluate identified problems and recommend the appropriate corrective action
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.