New York, New York
Day (United States of America)
Helping Families, Changing the World:
Mental Health Professionals Make It Possible
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, our Mental Health professionals unites the most respected minds in research, education and care. Our diverse upper Manhattan campus is home to over 400 faculty members, among them two recent Nobel Prize Laureates (2000 and 2004) for their work in neuroscience. We are home to the nation's first Anxiety Disorders Clinic, and other historic achievements in behavioral health. It's a proud tradition - and a premier opportunity.
Clinical Psychologist - Inpatient – Part Time
Focusing on the psychiatric treatment of adults who suffer from complex affective disorders, personality/character disorders, and psychotic disorders, this unit treats conditions including depression, severe anxiety, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and schizophrenia. Our multidisciplinary teams personalize treatment plans for patients with clinically challenging presentations. In addition, clinicians utilize empirically supported dialectical behavioral psychotherapies to address problems of mood and anxiety that occur in the context of chronic medical illnesses. Responsibilities include individual, family, and group psychotherapy; psychological testing; and supervision of psychology trainees. Take this opportunity to work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of clinicians delivering expert care for diverse patient population.
The work schedule is 18.75 hours per week; flexible; weekdays.
- Experience treating patients with chronic medical conditions in an inpatient setting
- Training in empirically supported psychotherapies such as dialectical behavior therapy for mood and anxiety disorders
- Ph.D., Psy.D. or Ed.D. in Psychology
- Upon hire, NYS License in Psychology
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.