New York, New York
Day (United States of America)
Educate the Brightest Minds In Clinical Care Clinical Nurse V - RN - Nurse Educator -Oncology- Day shift
Bring your talents to Columbia University- Irving Medical Center, Morgan Stanley Children,s Hospital and Allen Hospital . As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S. News & World Report), we’re a model of instructional excellence, providing awealth of resources that help clinical educators create valuable learning experiences. We’re one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals (U.S.News & World Report), and one of the most comprehensive centers in the world. Promote a culture that values the personal and professional growth and development of nurses. The Clinical Nurse V isresponsible for staff development including orientation, in-service, continuing and mandated education for all levels of staff. Responsibilities included but are not limited toconducting clinicalrounds, collaborate on projects related to our Magnet journey and identify the individual and collective learning needs of staff. Develop course curriculumand teach classes, incorporating research findings and using cutting-edge technology (e.g.,on-line learningmodules and simulation ). Promote best clinical practices and inspire award-winning nurses. Regularly evaluate staff competencies, and provide clinical mentorship and career guidance.
This is aFull-timeDay shift position located at NewYork-Presbyterian/ColumbiaUniversity-Irving Medical Center .
- Experience in Oncology-Required
- Prior nursing education experience-Preferred
- A passion for combining innovation with education, and the ability to connect well with staff
- Basic Life Support Instructor Certification
- Current NYS RN licensure
- Minimum of 4 years related clinical experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education
- BCLS Certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.