Clinical Nurse Specialist - CNS - Cardiac Surgery - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Transformational Nursing At Its Best
Clinical Nurse Specialist – CNS – Cardiac Surgery -Days
For patients facing rare and complex cardiac conditions, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital represents the highest level of care. As the nation’s #3 center for Heart and Heart Surgery (U.S. News & World Report), our hospital is a destination of choice for skilled nursing professionals. Join our team as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), and help lead us to our journey to #1.
Deliver advanced nursing practices as a Clinical Nurse Specialist for our Coronary Care, Cardiac Surgery and Cardiac Telemetry Units, and consult on critical cases from across the region. In this role, you’ll provide consultation, clinical teaching, staff development and nurse training in an exciting environment. You will serve as a change-agent, taking this high-performing, family oriented team to the next level. It’s a patient-focused environment, where your in-depth understanding of the clinical and human aspects of Critical Care will be a valuable resource to patients, families and fellow clinicians. Step into this new role where you'll participate in planning strategies, work closely with leadership and improve the practice of nursing and quality patient care.
- Critical Care Nursing certification (CCRN)
- Cardiac Care experience
- Previous teaching experience
- NYS RN licensure
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- ANCC Board Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist and specialty certification in Adult Health
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant nursing experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and teamwork skills, who has a commitment to compassionate care
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.