Clinical Nurse Manager - RN - Pediatric Cardiology-Neurology-Evenings
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
The Epicenter Of Pediatric Critical Care Nursing: Your Leadership Can Make It Possible
Clinical Nurse Manager - RN - Pediatric Cardiology/Neurology-Evenings
At NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, the brightest minds in nursing await your vision, energy and passion for critical care excellence. Since performing the first successful pediatric heart transplant in 1984, we've continued to treat high-risk patients other centers are unequipped to help. Today, we're ranked among the nation’s best pediatric hospitals by U.S News World Report. Our nurses work closely with families to create a healing environment. We utilize top technology, practicing with confidence and compassion and experiencing the heights of fulfilling professional achievement.
The Clinical Manager assumes first line leadership responsibility and accountability for managing the delivery of patient care on an assigned shift. Facilitates efficient and cost effective daily operations of the unit in relation to patient throughput including admissions, discharges and transfers. Promotes a culture of safety and quality by ensuring continuity and consistency in the implementation of established standards, protocols, policies and procedures. In collaboration with the Patient Care Director, participates in the establishment of unit short and long term goals and ensures its alignment with the hospitals overall strategic goals. Is accountable for monitoring staff compliance with regulatory, hospital and divisional requirements.
This is a full-time, evening shift position located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.
- Previous leadership experience
- Pediatric ICU or Pediatric Step down experience
- Masters in Nursing or related field.
- A minimum of two years Pediatric RN experience
- Demonstrated leadership competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- BCLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.