Clinical Nurse III - RN – Wound Care - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of Wound and Ostomy Nursing at Its Best
Clinical Nurse III - RN - Wound Care - Days
Imagine a career at NewYork-Presbyterian, where talented and compassionate WOCN nurses like you are building on our success as New York’s #1-ranked hospital. Working at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, one of our seven state-of-the-art campuses, you’ll help achieve outcomes that improve the lives of thousands of cancer and trauma patients. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Take on this impactful role, responsible for proper management of wound care by treating and monitoring wounds that are the result of disease, injury, or medical treatments. The WOCN will provide care that will quickly and safely heal various types of wounds, including surgical openings, ulcers, bed sores, feeding tube sites, and abscesses. The work requires assessment of wounds, to create and implement treatment plans, monitor infections and signs of various infections, and clean wounds. WOCNs will collaborate with unit leadership and staff RNs to implement treatment and coach and mentor staff in wound care. Regularly evaluate patient outcomes, and participate in initiatives focused on improving quality and performance, such as minimizing readmissions of our patients.
- Applicable experience in an academic medical center (includes experience partnering with interns/residents/attendings)
- At least 4 years of acute care nursing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license
- Certification in Wound and Ostomy Care
- BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.