Clinical Nurse I - RN - Part time - Adult Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center - Days - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Make It Possible
Clinical Nurse I - RN - Chemotherapy Inpatient Field Nurse - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian, oncology nurses are at the forefront of a bold new era in compassionate care. We house one of only 20 National Cancer Institute-designated centers for pediatric Phase I trials in the nation. We recently delivered intra-arterial Avastin directly into a malignant brain tumor, the first time this approach has ever been used. We pioneered use of low-dose CT scanning for early detection of lung cancer, and more breakthroughs are on the way. Here, courageous nurses administer chemotherapy, manage symptoms, support patients and educate families, all while serving as the nerve center of extensive multidisciplinary teams.
In this autonomous role as the Chemotherapy field nurse, float to the inpatient units to administer chemotherapy to patients. Utilize your in depth knowledge to mold yourself into a resource for patients and their families, and for other staff nurses. Take advantage of your time to provide education to your nursing colleagues focusing on amazing patient outcomes in this field. Work together and improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
And it’s your opportunity to be a part of shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a full time 3 12 hour shifts or 4 10 hour shifts position at NewYork-Presbyterian/ Columbia University Medical Center. Weekends are a possibility based on scheduling.
- Oncology Nursing Certification
- At least one year of acute care RN experience in oncology
- At least two years of experience in administering chemotherapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.