Clinical Nurse I - RN – Emergency Department Holding - Nights
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Medical / Surgical Nurses Make it Possible
Clinical Nurse I - RN– Emergency Department Holding - Nights
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Emergency Department (ED) nursing is a moment-to-moment, career-
transforming experience. Here, our ED nurses independently assess conditions and rapidly arrange
multidisciplinary care. From hi-tech intervention to community trauma care, our nurses identify challenges,
comfort families and organize teams when every second counts. As a designated 911 receiving hospital, our
facilities include Trauma Centers for both adult and pediatric patients, a Psychiatric Emergency Receiving Center,
a citywide Burn Center and more. With each innovation, we're impacting the future of emergency medical care.
Bring your Medical/Surgical nursing skills to our Emergency Department Holding Area in NYP/Columbia
University Irving Medical Center. In this recently created position, you will care for our admitted patients who are
awaiting a bed assignment within our hospital system. Float throughout our ED, and bring care and comfort to
our patients who are boarding. Work closely with all members of our Emergency Department, and together, you
can improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities stronger.
There are positions available for nights only.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- At least 1 year of acute RN experience in a Medical/Surgical or similar setting
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- ACLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.