Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Hematology - Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Advanced Patient Care:
Laboratory Technologists Make It Possible
Laboratory Technologist - Hematology - All Shifts
Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Here at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. We study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions - with unmatched energy and expertise. Join our team as a Laboratory Technologist and make tomorrow better for countless human beings.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will be a leader in providing outstanding, compassionate, personalized care to pregnant women, newborn babies and their families. Scheduled to open in August 2020, the 222,000 square foot facility will occupy the top five-and-a-half floors of the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center and will feature: 75 private rooms and well-baby bassinets, 60 private neonatal intensive care isolettes, 16 labor and delivery rooms, five operating rooms, 20 maternal critical assessment and treatment rooms, and 15 ultrasound rooms, which will offer state-of-the-art visualization. It is set to be the first facility in New York City to have MRI capabilities and an operating room in its neonatal intensive care unit.
At the NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, you’ll find a patient-focused, engaging, and supportive environment. Join a highly-skilled technical team of Laboratory Technologists in our Hematology area and take on this important role, responsible for performing all patient tests, reading slides, performing quality control procedures as well as standard preventative maintenance. Here you'll have an opportunity to work with nationally accredited colleagues and contribute to lifesaving results.
These are full-time positions, with multiple shift times available, working: Days, 8AM – 4PM, or Evenings, 4PM – 12AM, or Nights, 12AM – 8AM, Monday – Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
- ASCP certification
- 2-4 years' experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, however new grads welcome to apply
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art facility and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.