Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Blood Bank - Full-Time - Evenings - OFFERING COMPETITIVE SIGN-ON BONUS
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Lab Science Saves Lives:
Laboratory Technologists Are Where Amazing Works
Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Blood Bank - Evenings
As the largest and busiest Transfusion Medicine department in New York, we set the standards for our field. Our technologists are conducting the widest array of testing in this fast-paced, high-volume environment. Here, you will gain more experience with analysis not being performed anywhere else, including rare opportunities with antibody identification and immunohematology problems. Combined with the stem cell capabilities of our Cellular Therapy department, we offer unlimited opportunities to advance your expertise.
From a technical standpoint, perform laboratory procedures in preparing in dispensing blood and blood products as ordered by physicians. Be at the forefront of maintaining inventory blood and blood products for our patients in accordance with departmental guidelines. In addition to gel technology, our state-of-the-art facilities utilize four Provue analyzers and two of the latest Galileo analyzers for testing with solid phase methodology. Here, you will experience a high level of clinical interaction within a collegial team that encourages innovative thinking. We're inviting the best professionals to work side-by-side to lead the way - be among the people that make it possible.
This position will work Monday-Friday 4p-12a with rotating weekends and holidays.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
- ASCP certification
NEW HIRES PENDING A CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST LICENSE:
- Must obtain the License within 6 months of hire
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.