Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Blood Bank - Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women & Newborns
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Laboratory Science Saves Lives:
Clinical Laboratory Technologists Make It Possible
Blood Bank Technologist - Transfusion Medicine – All Shifts
Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns / Weill Cornell Medical Center
As the largest and busiest Transfusion Medicine department in New York, we set the standards for our field. Our technologists are conducting the widest array of testing in this fast-paced, high-volume environment. Here, you will gain more experience with analysis not being performed anywhere else, including rare opportunities with antibody identification and immunohematology problems and using state-of-the-art automation.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will be a leader in providing outstanding, compassionate, personalized care to pregnant women, newborn babies and their families. Scheduled to open in August 2020, the 222,000 square foot facility will occupy the top five-and-a-half floors of the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center and will feature: 75 private rooms and well-baby bassinets, 60 private neonatal intensive care isolettes, 16 labor and delivery rooms, five operating rooms, 20 maternal critical assessment and treatment rooms, and 15 ultrasound rooms, which will offer state-of-the-art visualization. It is set to be the first facility in New York City to have MRI capabilities and an operating room in its neonatal intensive care unit.
At our newest state-of-the-art facility, you will perform laboratory procedures in preparing in dispensing blood and blood products as ordered by physicians. Be at the forefront of maintaining inventory blood and blood products for our patients in accordance with departmental guidelines. In addition to gel technology, our state-of-the-art facilities utilize Erytra nad Eflixis automation for testing. Here, you will experience a high level of clinical interaction within a collegial team that encourages innovative thinking. We're inviting the best professionals to work side-by-side to lead the way - be among the people that make it possible.
These are full-time positions, with multiple shift times available, working: Days, 8AM – 4PM, or Evenings, 4PM – 12AM, or Nights, 12AM – 8AM, Monday – Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ASCP certification
- 2-4 years' experience as a Laboratory Technologist, however new grads welcome to apply
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art facility and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.