LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Claims Representative - Make It Possible
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, we commit world-class resources to patient care with amazing results. As the healthcare industry rapidly evolves, we depend on our exceptional litigation management team to help us maintain the integrity of our care. We’re saving lives and leading the field of medicine, and now you can help make it possible.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and highly knowledgeable Claims Representative to join our team at NYP. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall management of healthcare-related professional liability and associated general liability claims. Your knowledge of claims policies and guidelines will be crucial as you review coverage, direct claims investigations, monitor and control activities of outside defense counsel, determine liability and compensability, secure information, and negotiate and settle claims with plaintiff counsel.
This position also will also:
- Review, evaluate and analyze information relating to claims, lawsuits and events by reviewing medical records, conducting interviews with hospital staff, and collecting evidence related to claims. You’ll determine exposure and report findings to Associate General Counsel/Vice President of Claims and Litigation Management; and evaluate, set and maintains reserves within assigned authority levels.
- Facilitate effective communication with hospital administration, professional and ancillary staff and outside legal counsel in order to assist in the defense of cases, which includes the preparation of cases for trials.
- Administer the professional and general liability insurance program, review correspondence, meeting with, guiding, and directing outside defense counsel to ensure compliance with the hospitals claims management program.
- Engage in settlement negotiations with plaintiffs’ attorneys within assigned authority levels, direct further action regarding defense strategy, settlements or appeals. Manage approved investigation including use of surveillance, outside expert opinions and physical examinations.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing or other clinical degree with previous clinical experience
- Professional liability claims management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ experience in insurance industry claims management (or comparable clinical hospital experience)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.