Chief Physician Assistant - OB/GYN - Lower Manhattan Campus
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Chief Physician Assistant - OB/GYN - Lower Manhattan
U.S. News ranks NewYork-Presbyterian as the #1 hospital in New York. As skilled clinicians and respected collaborators, our PA’s Make It Possible day and night. See what it's like. Experience autonomy and camaraderie unique to our team. For our expertise and expanding responsibilities, you'll often hear our PA’s refer to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital as a PA-run institution.
Practice the art and science of evidence-based medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan HospitalUnder the direction of the Director, Department of Physician Assistant Services, the Chief Physician Assistant will provide leadership and direction to the 20+ physician assistants on the OB/GYN service. Responsible for ensuring all standard policies and procedures are followed and credentialing guidelines are met. Will promote a positive, nurturing and stimulating work environment for all staff. Responsible for all performance related reviews and metrics.
The Chief PA will also create and maintain the schedule, including managing overtime.Other responsibilities include the recruitment and hiring of staff, training of new and existing employees, and special projects as assigned.
- Prior experience managing 10+ physician assistants
- 5+ years of experience as an in-patient Physician Assistant
- Prior experience developing staff
- Inpatient OB/GYN experience
- At least three years of prior physician assistant experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Current NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.