Charge Entry Representative
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career
Charge Entry Representative (Remote) – Central Billing Office
Join the patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian and bring new meaning to your career. See how the revenue cycle team in our Central Billing Office plays an active role in world-class care and caring. Thrive as a valued team member and feel the pride of mission-driven achievement. Putting patients first is our mission here, which means we stay committed to excellence in all aspects of our organization, including analytical data. And as we look to the promising future ahead, we seek talented professionals like you to help drive our financial growth while building on our reputation for excellence as one of the nation's top-ranked hospitals (U.S.News & World Report).
Channel your top-notch customer service skills and keen attention to detail at the nation's largest private, not-for-profit medical center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. In this role, you will support the Central Billing Office by ensuring the timely submission of charges to the appropriate insurance carrier. This team member will also manage to reconcile files received with submissions and follow up on unpaid or denied invoices with insurance carriers. Utilizing your exceptional communication skills, you will also follow up with providers when necessary and maintain frequent contact with other CBO Departments, representatives from insurance companies, Practice Office personnel, and Physicians for information/communication related to Chare Entry functions.
This remote position plays a key role in the success of the Central Billing Office. Be the face of efficient and effective financial operations and help make a life-changing difference.
- Associates degree
- 2-4 years prior experience
- High School Diploma
- PC/Data entry keyboarding skills
- Effective communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Insurance carrier guidelines
- Working knowledge of CPT-4, ICD-10, and HCPCS codes
- Working knowledge of Excel
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.