LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Lead the pathway for spiritual care and support at New York’s top hospital.
Jewish Chaplain - Rotating Shifts
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we’re passionate about holistic care and caring. Together, we deliver hope, healing and lasting health to every individual and family in our care. Now, we’re inviting you to help make it possible. Transform your career within the Department of Pastoral Care and Education at NewYork-Presbyterian.
We are seeking a skilled, compassionate Jewish Chaplain to serve the religious, spiritual and existential needs of patients, loved ones and staff. This role also serves as a resource to colleagues, providing education on religious needs and observances according to various faith traditions. Lead worship and meditation services. Support families as they make difficult care decisions. Visit hospital units, lead support groups, and be the strong source of guidance and compassion for patients facing life-altering conditions.
Join a dedicated team of staff members and an extensive Clinical Pastoral Education program that includes residents, interns and supervisory education students. Through our Accredited Clinical Pastoral Education programs, seminary field education and other training, we’re shaping the future of hospital-based spiritual care. Join us, and help impact the lives of patients from across the world.
This position is rotating shifts - days, evenings and nights
- Ideal candidate will be a Rabbi
- Master’s degree or graduate theological education
- Board certification or board eligibility by the Spiritual Care Collaborative such as APC (Association for Professional Chaplains) or NAJC (National Association of Jewish Chaplains).
- Ideal candidates will have four units of ACPE.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Completion of at least four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
- Good standing with the ordaining religious body and able to provide an official endorsement from a denominational official.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.