Case Manager RN -In-Patient Units Columbia- Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Care Manager - RN - Inpatient Medicine Units - Day Shift -Columbia
Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, Care Managers are the guardians of continuity of care; they are the skilled clinicians leading the full spectrum of patient care, from pre-admission to discharge while ensuring quality outcomes. As a Care Manager at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll serve as a highly valued and respected leader from day one, empowered to make amazing things happen for our patients and their families. Step into a culture of autonomy, pride, compassion and expertise, and help us build on our success as New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News World Report).
As a Care Manager, you'll be responsible for providing intensive care management for adult patients with complex medical needs. You will serve as a strong and knowledgeable liaison between the interdisciplinary team of social workers, Physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Cardiologists, Intensivists – all in support of patients and their families. Direct all aspects of inpatient care, develop individualized care plans, ensuring optimal length of stay. Help prevent hospital readmission, anticipate outpatient service needs, setting appointments and consultations prior to discharge.
We are seeking a change-agent—someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance nursing practice at one of the world’s most respected university medical centers.
Care Managers, experience the forefront of our evolving discipline. Go beyond dispensation to defining national standards within the #1 hospital in New York and #5 in the Nation (U.S. News & World Report). Be at the Forefront of Change in Healthcare Delivery
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position with rotating weekend/holiday coverage.
- 2 years of case management/care coordination experience in an inpatient, HMO, insurance, or other outpatient setting
- 1 year of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's Degree in healthcare related field
- Fluency in Spanish
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- 3 to 5 years of health care experience in an acute care setting
- Superior communication, demonstrated problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and interpersonal skills are critical
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.