LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
A Top-Notch Caring Environment: Facilities Professionals Make It Possible
Carpenter - Days
As part of our Facilities team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our hospital remains in the best condition for patients, employees and visitors. You will be immersed in a tight-knit culture that inspires you to perform at your best each and every day. And through your work, you’ll help maintain an environment that reflects our unwavering commitment to excellence. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to construct, install, repair, and modify a wide variety of mechanical systems and building structures. As a Carpenter you will perform all aspects of carpentry and Corian fabrication within hospital sites. You will fabricate, build, repair and install Corians and other counters. Allow your skills to be challenged as you take on projects such as general framing, concrete forms, walls, staircases, door/window frames, and interior/exterior trim. Take on acoustical ceilings installation, ceiling tile, floor tile, and base moldings. Be apart of patient experience by helping our facilities maintain a safe and attractive environment for patients and families.
This is a day position, Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, with the ability to change shifts to meet the needs of the department.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of specialized training (trade school)
- Minimum of 3 of related carpentry experience
- Ability to construct drywall partitions
- Ability to use woodworking power tools
- Ability to install cove base
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.