Care Manager - RN-Peds Progressive Care and Transplant Units - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Care Manager - RN - Medical/Surgical Pediatric Units - Full Time - Day Shift
Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Care Coordinators are the guardians of continuity of care; they are the skilled clinicians leading the full spectrum of patient care, from pre-admission to discharge while ensuring quality outcomes. As a Care Coordinator at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll serve as a highly valued and respected leader from day one, empowered to make amazing things happen for our patients and their families. Step into a culture of autonomy, pride, compassion and expertise, and help us build on our success as New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News World Report).
As a Care Coordinator, in the pediatricprogressive care unit for children's intermediate placement from icu before transitioning to the floors. and the surgical, Transplant ( liver, multivisceral renal) medicine unit,you'll be responsible for providing intensive care management for pediatric patients with complex medical needs. You will serve as a strong and knowledgeable liaison between the interdisciplinary team of Social Workers, Feeding Specialists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Cardiologists, and Intensivists – all in support of our patients and their families. Direct all aspects of inpatient care, ensuring optimal length of stay. Anticipate outpatient service needs, setting appointments and consultations prior to a safe discharge. We’re seeking a change-agent—someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance nursing practice at one of the world’s most respected university medical centers.
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position with rotating weekend/holiday coverage.
- 2 years' of case management/care coordination experience in an inpatient, HMO, insurance, or other outpatient setting
- 1 year of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's Degree in healthcare related field
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- 3 to 5 years of health care experience in an acute care setting
- Superior communication, demonstrated problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and interpersonal skills are critical
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.