Care Manager - RN Morgan Stanley -CHONY- Peds Cardiac and Peds Cardiac ICU - Days'
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Amazing Things are Happening!
Care Coordinator - RN - CHONY - Pediatric Cardiac ICU and Peds Cardiology- Days
Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Care Coordinators are the guardians of continuity of care; they are the skilled clinicians leading the full spectrum of patient care, from pre-admission to discharge while ensuring quality outcomes. As a Care Coordinator at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll serve as a highly valued and respected leader from day one, empowered to make amazing things happen for our patients and their families. Step into a culture of autonomy, pride, compassion and expertise, and help us build on our success as New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News World Report).
As a Care Manager, you will manage complex pediatric cases and serve as a strong and knowledgeable liaison between acute care and critical care teams, coordinating the efforts of social workers, feeding specialists, PTs, OTs, Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons – all in support of our young patients and their families. Direct all aspects of inpatient care, ensuring optimal length of stay. Anticipate outpatient service needs, setting appointments and consultations prior to discharge. We’re seeking a change-agent—someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance nursing practice at one of the world’s most respected university medical centers.
This is a Monday - Friday position, 8:30-4:30
This position requires weekend and holiday rotation.
- 2 years' of case management/care coordination experience in an inpatient Pediatric Cardiac setting
- 1 year of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's Degree in healthcare related field
- Case Management Certification
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- 3 to 5 years of health care experience in an acute care setting (Peds/NICU experience essential)
- Superior communication, demonstrated problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and interpersonal skills are critical
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.