Care Manager- RN - Inpatient Medical -Surgical - LMH - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Care Manager - RN - Inpatient Medical/Surgical Lower Manhattan Hospital - Days
Lower Manhattan Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services to patients in a caring, culturally sensitive environment with access to all of the specialties and resources of a major academic medical center. The Hospital is affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country, and our physicians are credentialed members of its faculty. Lower Manhattan Hospital is committed to pursuing clinical excellence and extending the many benefits of the Medical College’s groundbreaking research programs to our patients.
As a Care Coordinator, you'll be responsible for providing intensive care management for adult patients with complex medical needs. You will serve as a strong and knowledgeable liaison between the interdisciplinary team of social workers, Physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Cardiologists, Intensivists – all in support of patients and their families. Direct all aspects of inpatient care, develop individualized care plans, ensuring optimal length of stay. Help prevent hospital readmission, anticipate outpatient service needs, setting appointments and consultations prior to discharge.
We’re seeking a change-agent—someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance nursing practice at one of the world’s most respected university medical centers.
This is a M-F 8;30am-4:30pm position
This position includes weekend and holiday rotatoin
- 2 years' of case management/care coordination experience in an inpatient, HMO, insurance, or other outpatient setting
- 1 year of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's Degree in healthcare related field
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- 3 to 5 years of health care experience in an acute care setting
- Superior communication, demonstrated problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and interpersonal skills are critical
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.