Care Manager RN Ambulatory Care Network - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Be at the Forefront of Change in Health Care Delivery
Care Manager RN - Ambulatory Care Network - Complex Care Management - Columbia -Days
Be a part of the leadership here that is reforming healthcare by significantly reducing avoidable hospital use and achieving quality results related to system transformation, clinical management and population health. Now, you have the opportunity to join us in accomplishing these results, as we work to transform patient care in our state and beyond.
The Care Manager RN provides intensive case management to high risk patients in the local community/ACN practices in order to improve the management of their chronic care and to decrease unnecessary emergency and inpatient admissions. The Care Manager RN provides care management services by conducting case-finding, assessments, education, counseling and other interventions to patients who are targeted in the ACN chronic disease registries. In addition, the Care Management Coordinator will coordinate care needs with the patient’s primary care and specialty providers and other disciplines. Services may be performed in person at provider sites, at community sites or telephonically. Assessments and interventions are recorded in the electronic health record and other specified.
The Care Manager will engage with patients both telephonically and face to face by making community and hospital visits, accompanying patients to appointments as needed, as well as coordinating extensively with the interdisciplinary care team. He or she may accompany patients to their physician appointments.
This is a Monday- Friday day shift position.
- Leadership experience in either inpatient care management, community care management, or outpatient/ambulatory care case management
- 3 to 5 years of medical/surgical experience
- Experience in care management / care coordination
- Creative thinking and excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.