LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Facilities for Best-In-Class Care:
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
Boiler Operator - Various Shifts
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, we're changing lives with over four million square feet of state-of-the-art research and care.Utilize your talents and join the Facilities team at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, where employees strive to make "Putting Patients First" a reality. Join an atmosphere of excellence at the Weill Cornell Medical Center campus, where there's no such thing as a typical day. Deliver the same care to NYP that NYP delivers to its patients. You can Make it Possible.
As a Boiler Operator, you will inspect, clean, fire, and adjust boilers to maintain a continuous supply of steam for heating hospital buildings, and supplying power to machinery and auxiliary equipment for laundry and sterilizing equipment. Tour the Boiler room to observe operating equipment, meters and gauges to ensure that operation is in accordance with specified regulations. Adjust equipment controls to correct malfunctions, and notify the Stationary Engineer when major repairs are needed.
The schedule for this position will be:
- Sunday 12am-8am
- Monday 12am-8am
- Tuesday 4pm-12am
- Wednesday 4pm-12am
- Saturday 8am-4pm
- Experience working in a healthcare facility
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the operation of a steam boiler plant
- Availability to work weekends, evenings, nights, holidays, emergencies and scheduled work outages
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.