Blood Bank Technologist - Transfusion Medicine – Evenings-Nights
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Clinical Laboratory Technologists Are Where Amazing Works
Blood Bank Technologist - Transfusion Medicine – Evenings/Nights
As the largest and busiest Transfusion Medicine department in New York, we set the standards for our field. Our technologists are conducting the widest array of testing in this fast-paced, high-volume environment. Here, you will gain more experience with analysis not being performed anywhere else, including rare opportunities with antibody identification and immunohematology problems and using state-of-the-art automation.
Within our state-of-the-art facility, you will perform laboratory procedures through preparing and dispensing blood and blood products as ordered by physicians. Be at the forefront of maintaining inventory blood and blood products for our patients in accordance with departmental guidelines. In addition to gel technology, our state-of-the-art facilities utilize Erytra nad Eflixis automation for testing. Here, you will experience a high level of clinical interaction within a collegial team that encourages innovative thinking. We're inviting the best professionals to work side-by-side to lead the way - be among the people that make it possible.
This is a full-time position, working evenings from 4pm – 12am, with a 1-week rotating night shift from 12am – 8am, Monday – Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ASCP certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join us at NYP’s state-of-the-art facility and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.