Blood Bank Technologist - Transfusion Medicine - Evenings - Competitive Sign-On Bonus
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Lab Science Saves Lives:
Blood Bank Technologists Make It Possible
Blood Bank Technologist - Transfusion Medicine - Evenings
As the largest and busiest Transfusion Medicine department in New York, we set the standards for our field. Our technologists are conducting the widest array of testing in this fast-paced, high-volume environment. Here, you will gain more experience with analysis not being performed anywhere else, including rare opportunities with antibody identification and immunohematology problems. Combined with the stem cell capabilities of our Cellular Therapy department, we offer unlimited opportunities to advance your expertise.
Perform laboratory procedures in preparing in dispensing blood and blood products as ordered by physicians. Be at the forefront of maintaining inventory blood and blood products for our patients in accordance with departmental guidelines. In addition to gel technology, our state-of-the-art facilities utilize three Erytra analyzers for testing with solid phase methodology. Here, you will experience a high level of clinical interaction within a collegial team that encourages innovative thinking. We're inviting the best professionals to work side-by-side to lead the way - be among the people that make it possible.
This is a full-time evening shift position, 4:00PM - 12:00AM with rotating weekends and holidays.
* Qualified candidates eligible for competitive sign-on bonus.
- ASCP certification
- 6 years' experience as a Laboratory Technologist
- Blood bank experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
#labtech #labtechnician #labtechnologist #medicallabscientist #medicaltechnologist #clinicallaboratorytechnologist #medtech #clinicallabtech
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.