Biomedical Technician II – Lower Manhattan
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Top-of-the-line Biomedical Equipment: Biomedical Technicians' Make It Possible
Join the Information Technology team at New York’s #1-ranked hospital.
Biomedical Tech II
This is your opportunity to provide world class technology solutions that will directly impact the quality of a patient’s life. At New York Presbyterian Hospital Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the welfare of others. If growing your career in technology while creating solutions that improve the lives of others inspires you, then a career at New York Presbyterian Hospital awaits you.
Perform preventive maintenance, calibration, repair, troubleshooting, and electrical safety inspections of biomedical equipment. Physical inspections, and scheduled parts replacement according to OEM recommendations for a variety of patient care equipment including but not limited to patient beds, ventilators, infusion pumps, defibrillators, and EKG machines.
- Experience and common knowledge of computers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering
- BMET Certified by the ICC
- Associate degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or Electronics Technology or a minimum of seven years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of complex medical equipment/systems.
- Minimum of four years experience as Biomedical Equipment Technician or equivalent.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.