Biomedical Imaging Engineer / Specialist
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Top-of-the-line Biomedical Equipment:
Biomedical Imaging Specialist Make It Possible
As the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian is regularly among the earliest adopters of groundbreaking medical technology – and often, one of few options available to patients facing rare conditions. From heart-lung machines to radiology systems, superior biomedical equipment is vital to Putting Patients First. Join us and feel the pride of changing lives:
Biomedical Imaging Engineer / Specialist - Various Shifts
Perform preventive maintenance, and repairs on multiple advanced specialty equipment such as Cardiology, Cath Lab, Interventional Cardiology and Neurology. Logically troubleshoot and document imaging systems, using the most effective process and minimal resources. Performs 100% of repairs and 100% calibrations on equipment, while coordinating with OEM, responsible for maintaining assigned equipment at 96% plus clinical availability. Maintains and repairs equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications; maintains equipment modifications as per manufacturer. Uses manufacturer provided diagnostic or operational software to isolate and repair problems of component level whenever possible. Analyzes record of performance reports to determine source of problem and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action; determines trends affecting future service and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to ensure product life and durability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering/Biomedical Engineering
- At least 6 years’ experience diagnosing and repairing specialty equipment in Cardiology and Neurology of the following manufacturers' General Electric (GE), Philips, Siemens or Toshiba.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics Engineering/Biomedical Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience working on the repair of medical electronic and mechanical equipment
- Strong technical background in one or more of the Medical Imaging disciplines, especially radiographic equipment
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to get along well with equipment users
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.