Big Data Engineer
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the Analytics team at New York’s #1-ranked hospital.
Big Data Engineer
This is your opportunity to provide world class technology solutions that will directly impact the quality of a patient’s life. At New York Presbyterian Hospital Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the welfare of others. If growing your career in technology while creating solutions that improve the lives of others inspires you, then a career at New York Presbyterian Hospital awaits you.
The Big Data Engineer will be assisting in the configuration and implementation of batch and streaming data processes related to ingesting data, cleaning and transforming it on a Big Data platform. You will be responsible for documenting their work. Big Data Engineer will assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the data processes deployed in production.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year Experience in tuning Hadoop cluster to improve performance and end-user experience
- Minimum 1 year Experience with workflow tool and data processing platform: Oozie and Falcon
- Strong SQL skills preferred
- Familiarity with Graph Databases a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud services(AWS,Azure, GCP), a plus
- Familiarity with search indexes such as Lucene/SOLR a plus
- Familiarity with statistic tools such as R, SAS, etc. a plus
- Familiarity with SPARK a plus
- Enjoy being challenged and solving complex problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development preferably with Java, Scala, Python, excellent understanding of Object Oriented concepts
- Minimum 1 years of experience with at least one scripting language: Python, Scala, Linux shell preferred
- Minimum 1 Experience with a Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- Minimum 1 Experience with noSQL databases such as HBase (preferred, Cassandra or MongoDB
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.