Ambulatory Surgery Coder - Part Time -
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Description:World-Class Clinical Coding:
You Make It Possible
See the widest variety of cases. Assess rarely seen surgeries and conditions. Get inspired at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. More than a job, we're offering the ultimate opportunity for clinical coding professionals. At New York’s #1 hospital (U.S. News & World Report), you’ll work closely with top physicians and documentation improvement nurses while employing the unique specialty coding model. There’s never been a better time to join our team. Newly opened offices in the heart of Manhattan and enhanced work from home benefits are taking health information management to exciting heights. Feel the excitement of fast-advancing patient care. Explore these opportunities to Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center!
Ambulatory Surgery Coder - Part Time - On Site
Performs complex diagnostic and procedural coding for ambulatory surgery and outpatient surgery.
- CCS, RHIA or RHIT certification
- Experienced coding in a hospital setting is a plus
- College level courses or equivalent in anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology
- 1 - 2 years’ demonstrated complex diagnostic and procedural ambulatory surgery or inpatient or outpatient surgery coding experience in a computerized/electronic environment.
- Documented evidence of advanced course work ICD-10 CM, CPT/HCPCS and disease process
- Demonstrated 1-2 years’ recent progressive ambulatory and outpatient surgery coding experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.