Administrative Director- Spine Services
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Fulfillment: Enhance Our Mission-Driven Work
Administrative Director – Spine Services
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, a 196-bed community hospital and The Och Spine Hospital where we are delivering patient care with compassion, quality and unparalleled outcomes.
The Daniel and Jane Och Spine Hospital is going through a phase of rapid growth and expansion. Our clinicians are renowned experts in their fields and innovation, cutting-edge technology and compassionate care are hallmarks of our services. We are seeking a dynamic health care professional to join our team and help drive growth, multidisciplinary care and regionalization of our spine program. In this role you will work closely with high profile physicians from Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, anesthesia, and Rehab Medicine as well as and senior hospital leaders to enhance and grow our Spine program. This includes developing strategic plans, building hospital business plans/budgets, working with marketing and public relations professionals to promote our services, and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to improve the way care is delivered to our patients. Join a highly collaborative team and help take the Spine service line to the next level.
The incumbent leads cross campus integration activities of the Spine Hospital by extending/expanding these services into compatible NYP sites. Leverages existing partnerships with University physicians across Columbia Docs and Weill Cornell Medicine in addition to collaborating with Regional sites to deliver consistency of services. Responsible for long-term financial performance of the Spine program by utilizing targeted marketing strategies to meet volume objectives at all sites. Promotes patient, family, employee and physician satisfaction and service excellence. Focus on continuous improvement of the care management process
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for program growth and integration of Spine services across existing and new sites. Actively leads the development of the Service Line vision in addition to strategic and capital plans.
- Monitors volumes, cost/pricing structure, productivity, and revenue position. Collaborates with the Directors of Reimbursement and Managed Care contracting to ensure strong performance.
- Develops, evaluates, and manages, marketing strategies to promote the Spine Program and encourages referrals to increase managed care contracts.
- Partners with medical leadership to oversee quality programs and performance indicators. Recommends improvement plans and coordinates timely reporting to Hospital departments and external agencies.
- In collaboration with Finance, develops and oversees the budget, and explains variances, presenting alternatives for archiving goals or negotiating changes in the goals with leadership
- Provides general direction to clinical staff, serving as a secondary source of consultation for non-medical matters (i.e. issues crossing organizational lines).
- Manages current and new philanthropic relationships to support various Service Line initiatives
- Develops a seamless transition of care between inpatient and outpatient services.
- Collaborates with the IT to ensure all systems appropriately supports operations: this is accomplished through joint planning, implementation, development, and maintenance of all systems.
- Manages internal communications for staff and physicians.
- Supports objectives related to education and research and community involvement.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- A minimum of seven years’ managerial experience in healthcare administration with a proven track record of collaborative and consensus building
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Experience collaborating with physicians to drive strategic/business planning and financial and operational performance
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in assigned area
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.