00800330 Video Producer - Office of Communications & Marketing
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
The video editor/producer will be joining an award-winning team of storytellers. As part of the creative team, the video editor/producer will produce and edit videos covering a wide range of health, wellness and scientific topics including compelling patient stories and scientific explainers for consumer audience. The video editor/producer will be an expert in journalistic storytelling. The video editor/producer will also assist in gathering multimedia assets to support the media, editorial, social media and marketing team’s needs. They will also help develop ideas and scripts for original videos and animations, and maintain digital video content files. The editor/producer have knowledge of cameras and experience shooting.
Essential Job Duties
- Produces, edits and assists in the development of polished multi-media content using video, audio, and computer-based design packages to represent the organization and support storytelling, branding and marketing activities.
- Collaborates with writers, editors, media and social media associates and other department team members to plan and execute multimedia stories for a wide range of consumer-facing platforms in support of communications and marketing efforts. Able to meet tight deadlines, create storyboards and collaborate with editors on strategic messaging for a wide range of consumer audiences. Provides support by organizing digital assets (photos, videos, audio, logos, gif files). Creates basic animations and graphics for longer videos and social media content.
- Edits and produces stand-alone content; assists in the creation of content for NewYork-Presbyterian websites, social channel and for press and marketing materials.
- Assists with the production of videography and photography for all multimedia projects supported by the department
- Assists with filming when needed and assists in planning of shoots.
- Maintains hard copies of written narratives and distributes to video participants when necessary.
- Assists in collecting consents from patients, staff and other story subjects.
- Ensures the completion of assignments.
- Helps oversee the storage of all raw video and audio files, maintains library.
- Maintains knowledge of medical news and literature, monitoring external competitor environment, and latest multimedia technology and software developments in order to develop opportunities that will maximize NewYork-Presbyterian’s presence in the healthcare community.
- Animation and motion graphics experience preferred; experience with Wordpress.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field or equivalent years of work experience
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge in recording and editing audio and video
- Expert knowledge in the use of Adobe production design tools, including Premiere, After Effects, Audition and Photoshop.
- Demonstrates strong expertise in editing, storytelling, production, animation and motion graphics.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze target audiences and synthesize messages to maximize audience engagement
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Social sensitivity and ability to build internal relationships to be able to communicate realistic solutions to stakeholders/customers
- Working hours are generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. although extra hours including nights and weekends will be required to meet deadlines at times.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.