Physician Extender (Athletic Trainer) Orthopedics - Northern Westchester County
LocationYorktown Heights, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Physician Extender – Athletic Trainer
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Assist the physician in providing quality care to patients by accurately determining and communicating the patient's current and previous medical condition, utilizing triage skills, taking patient histories, performing initial evaluations, providing instruction on exercise prescriptions and general patient education while helping to maintain patient flow.
This is a full time-40 hour workweek Monday-Friday. Schedule will vary 7:00a-7:00p PE – will cover Croton-on Hudson, Cortlandt Manor and Cold Spring locations.
- Master's degree preferred in Athletic Training from an Accredited Institution
- Prior experience working in orthopedic practice preferred.
- NY State ATC License.
- Bachelor's degree
- Certification through NATABOC.
- Current licensure maintained.
- CPR/AED certification.
- Must be a member in good standing with the National Athletic Training Association (NATA). Entry level graduates with NATA certification will be considered.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.