Patient Registrar- ( Surgical Coordinator) - NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley
LocationYorktown Heights, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works!
Orthopedics- Sports Medicine Group
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Patient Registrar (Surgical Coordinator)
Days vary between Cortlandt Manor/Croton-On-Hudson and Cold Spring Practice Locations
Way be required to work rotating Saturdays if needed.
Responsible for registering, scheduling and obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients to ensure payment from a third party payer.
- Greets and registers patients in a tactful and courteous manner. Obtains all pertinent patient demographic and insurance information and enters into appropriate computer system.
- Pre-registers patients in the NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group (NYPMG) online system.
- Obtains NYPMG medical record number when necessary.
- Performs insurance verification checks for Medicare, Medicaid and/or Blue Cross in the Medical Group billing system.
- Performs other insurance verification functions as required.
- Schedules and maintains daily appointments schedules taking into consideration availability of resources.
- Sets up clinic for efficient management of appointment flow (e.g., Medical Records retrieved, chart set-ups prepared).
- Requests patient’s charts from Health Information and or physician’s files and requests various patients’ NYPMG medical record prior to appointment.
- Reviews chart to ensure necessary test results and other relevant information is recorded.
- Requests test results from appropriate areas as needed. Sends charts to Health Information to be refilled and sends charts back to physician’s offices to be filed after completion.
- Retrieves laboratory and radiographic data from clinic information system and laboratories.
- Interfaces with referring offices and internal departments/practices to schedule patient exams. Makes appointments for all types of medical procedures as requested.
- Requests and obtains valid physician requisitions for all exams. Assigns and update billing codes as appropriate. Processes information so as to ensure that third party bills are submitted in a timely and complete manner.
- Prepares all pertinent paperwork including authorizations, physician requisitions, diagnostics testing requisitions and transportation reimbursements. Verifies and document third party eligibility; determine patient liability and obtain authorizations.
- Notifies patient of financial obligation for elective admissions and establishes payment arrangements according to financial policies prior to date of service.
- Counsels' patient regarding payment options, Medicaid eligibility, and determines qualifications for charity care.
- Interfaces with MEU and Social Services to determine Medicaid eligibility; informs patients of documents required initiating Medicaid applications.
- Collects co-payments and fees and issues receipts to patients, as appropriate. Prepares receipts for both NYPMG and professional patient payments. Maintains record of all financial transactions and reconciles daily cash collection.
- Assists in compiling data in preparation of routine statistical reports and summaries. Checks or verifies data and enters changes to records, as appropriate.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of health insurance benefits/requirements
- Knowledge of Coding: ICD 9, CPT-4
- College Degree
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of clerical experience
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.