Patient Registrar - Admitting - Part Time (15 hours)
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Setting Standards, Changing Lives
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital as a per diem patient registrar. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Keep families informed. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of putting patients first a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you'll discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care. Explore this opportunity:
Admitting/ER Registrar - Admitting – Part Time (15 hours day flex)
Register patients for a variety of procedures and appointments, and feel the pride of going above and beyond to help others. In this role, you'll obtain demographic details and insurance information, and ensure proper scheduling. You'll record patient history while obtaining pre-certification and authorization for patients. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This is a part time day flex (15 hours) position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital located at 1980 Crompond Road, Cortlandt Manor, upper Westchester County, NY.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures, routines, regulations and medical terminology preferred.
- Qualified candidates have at least one year of clerical experience supported by a high school diploma or GED.
- Energetic, approachable individual with a desire to put patients first.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and perform various registration duties on demand. Includes willingness to cover all areas as needed.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.