Patient Care Director
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Patient Care Director - RN - 3 South Medical-Surgical / Bariatric Unit
Hudson Valley Hospital Cortland Manor NY
NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, part of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, has a long history of providing high quality health care to residents of Westchester, Putnam and Lower Dutchess Counties. Here, our nurses bring inspiring commitment and compassion to every patient. NYP/Hudson Valley has been recognized by numerous regional and national accreditation organizations for the hard work that has led to our outstanding patient outcomes. Four consecutive Magnet designations underscore the hospital's excellence in nursing leadership and innovation.
We’re seeking a transformational leader atNewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley to inspire quality across all aspects of patient care and drive the success of Medicine/Orthopedic Unit. This unit blends caring for complex comorbidities, giving you the chance to lead an innovative approach to care that exceeds patient expectations. Broaden your experience as you serve a diverse medicine patient population. Be on the cutting edge of healthcare and work with state-of-the-art technology, allowing you to sharpen your skills each and every day. Join us, and help strengthen our hospital-wide mission ofPutting Patients First;and shape the future of a unit that is essential to our continued recognition as New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S. News & World Report).
Be responsible for directing the daily operations to ensure the delivery of high-quality and compassionate patient care. Mentor, supervise and evaluate the Nursing team, engage the Unit Practice Council and inspire their continued professional growth. Develop and manage budgets. Identify process improvement to enhance the employee and patient experience. Excel as a change agent, advancing initiatives focused on enhancing quality and performance throughout the unit.
- Master’s Degree, or eligibility to obtain within 6 months
- Current NYS RN licensure (or willingness to obtain NYS licensure)
- At least three years of acute care RN experience
- At least 3 years progressive leadership experience
- Current AHA BLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.