Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry-In Patient--Northern Westchester County
LocationYorktown Heights, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works!
Exciting opportunity to join the Tele-Psychiatry Program
Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry Inpatient- Tele- Psychiatry
This position is a full time day shift Monday-Friday- 40 hour work week.
Based at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital located in Cortlandt Manor/Peekskill - Northern Westchester County.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the management of care for a specified group of patients in accordance with mutually agreed upon protocols and within the policies and procedures established by the Department of Nursing, the American Nurses Association, and NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group (NYPMG). This position will initially provide coverage to Palliative Care.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital is a fully accredited general, 128-bed hospital serving the residents of the Hudson Valley and Westchester County since 1889. We provide a wide range of ambulatory care and inpatient services, across 62 specialties. We are a New York State designated stroke center and home to the region’s only state-of-the-art, 24-hour "no wait" emergency department, which sees more than 40,000 visits per year. NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital is the first hospital in the region to hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Award, and we are the only hospital to have received this designation twice.
- Provide consultation liaison per request of primary medical team to diagnosis and treat comorbid psychiatric and general medical illnesses complicating each other’s management including somatoform and functional disorders and psychiatric disorders that are the direct consequence of a primary medical condition or its treatment.
- Daily collaborative relationship with tele-psychiatrist to discuss patients, treatment plans, and respond to any acute psychiatric or safety concerns that are unable to be addressed by tele-psychiatry platform.
- Development and implementation of behavioral health code protocol to address safety and education concerns specific to the agitated, cognitively impaired, and/or psychiatric population.
- Educate other medical and surgical services about psychiatric issues pertinent to their population through in services and grand rounds on topics such as postpartum depression, agitation and violence in the medical setting, capacity evaluations, etc.
- Coordinate with leadership in SW/care management and nursing to address systems issues such as transfer policies, management of property in high risk pts, etc.
- Support other disciplines in addressing psychiatric needs in this setting (process group for nurses, education for social worker’s about outpatient referrals, disposition issues, and security/1:1 observation).
- Obtains and documents subjective history (interval or comprehensive) as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Conducts relevant physical exam, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings. Identifies a diagnostic impression and/or formulates a differential based on the subjective and objective data obtained.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan that includes health maintenance, anticipatory guidance and appropriate medical and nursing interventions according to established protocols/practice agreement.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess clinical problems and health care needs of patients.
- Provides and documents health teaching that is oriented to the appropriate problem and/or developmentally age- appropriate health maintenance or anticipatory guidance issues.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment or therapeutic procedures.
- Responsible for data collection and maintenance of health records.
- Conducts review of patient records in collaboration with peers and physician colleagues to determine quality and appropriateness of care provided.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to determine and achieve health goals of patients and families.
- Provides patient education and counseling on health status and treatment plan.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in specialty of practice or completed alternative certification requirements for graduates of nurse practitioner programs prior to April 1, 1989.
- Current NYS RN License.
- Current New York State License as Nurse Practitioner in area of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification for all Nurse Practitioners who provide direct patient care.
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the specialty of practice.
- 1+ years of NP experience preferably in Psychiatry.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.