Medical Assistant - (Technician Medical Surgical) Northern Westchester County
LocationYorktown Heights, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Where Amazing Works!
Medical Assistant – (Technician Medical Surgical) – Internal Medicine
Cortlandt Manor-Cold Spring in Northern Westchester County
Not easily accessible to public transportation.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
In this role you will:
- Observe patients conditions, reports abnormal conditions to staff nurse and records appropriate documentation in patient’s records.
- Measure and record patient height and weight, performs routine vision and hearing examinations, and takes pulse and blood pressure readings.
- Draw blood from patients and/or performs finger sticks and obtains other specimens as requested by physician or registered nurse.
- Assist with diagnostic procedures using aseptic principles in creating and maintaining a sterile field during procedures.
- Technical skills regarding positioning, wound care, and dressings.
- Maintain stock items for examination and blood drawing rooms, forms used by clinical staff, etc.
Perform other job-related duties as required.
This is a full time 40 hour workweek -Monday-Friday/rotating Saturdays.
Schedule and location vary-7:30am-5:00 pm –rotating Saturday 8:00am-1:00pm,
Located at: 1985 Crompond Road, Cortlandt Manor, New York 10567 and 1756 Route 9D, Cold Spring NY, 10516
- 1 + years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferably in a practice setting.
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate of a State and/or Nationally accredited Medical Associate Program
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Experience as a Medical Assistant within a busy healthcare setting preferably Internal or Family Medicine.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.