Manager Laboratory - Laboratory - Day
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Setting Standards, Changing Lives
Within the Clinical Laboratories of NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, each achievement is defined by a commitment to getting it right the first time, every time. Our hospital is ranked #1 in New York by U.S.News & World Report, and we’re inviting you to join the respected laboratory professionals who Make It Possible.
Manager, Laboratory - Lab - Day
Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, you will coordinate and oversee a a wide variety of administrative, personnel and technical activities to ensure efficient operation of the Core Laboratory sections. Initiates new procedures as well as study, refine and modify established methods and techniques. Serves as a resource to the Leadership Team. Addresses complaints regarding laboratory functions and work with the Leadership team as well as staff to resolve identified problems. Provides direction and supervision to Chief Charge Technologists, and Technologists.
- Master's Degree
- Certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Experience managing a clinical laboratory team in a large hospital organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department or Certificate of Qualification
- Must meet current NYS and CAP requirements for a laboratory supervisor
- Minimum of six (6) years clinical laboratory experience which is inclusive of three (3) years of laboratory supervisory experience
- Meets all requirements of the New York State Department of Education for a Laboratory Supervisor
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.