Emergency Dept Technician - PT Evenings
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Make the all-important lasting impression on patients in urgent need as a Nurse Technician in the Emergency Room at NewYork-Presbyterian. Care for patients while you draw blood and take vital signs-when expertise and superior service makes all the difference. Bring your skills to our Emergency Department in NYP/Hudson Valley. It's a fast-paced, high quality environment, where patient focus defines every detail of what we do. Join us, and feel the unmatched pride of making a difference.
Accurately measure and record patient vital signs including body temperature, pulse respiration, and blood pressure. Report abnormal findings, put patients at ease and be the eyes and ears of our award-winning nursing team. Collaborate with a team of nurses to raise the bar and Put Patients First always.
The shift for this position is evenings.
- At least 1 year experience as a Nurse’s Aide or equivalent experience
- Experience in measuring and recording temperatures, pulses respirations, blood pressures, heights, weights, and obtaining 12 lead EKG’s and drawing blood for laboratory tests
- Certificate of successful completion of an approved phlebotomy program
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work harmoniously with staff, patients, visitors and EMS
Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.