Dental Coder - Chart Analyst - Yorktown Heights or Lake Success locations
LocationYorktown Heights, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Dental Coder – Chart Analyst
Where Amazing Works!
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools.
Dental health is essential to total body health. NewYork-Presbyterian provides modern facilities staffed with board-certified dentists and dental medicine specialists equipped with the latest technology in dental care. We care for people of all ages, including infants and older adults, and offers a full range of procedures.
Our services include oral diagnosis and treatment planning, restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, periodontics, prosthodontics (fixed and removable), implant placement and restoration, endodontics, oral pathology/oral medicine, pedodontics (dental services for children), orthodontics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery.
This is a Full Time Monday-Friday Day position. Possibility of working remotely 1-2 days.
Location-Yorktown Heights Northern Westchester County or Marcus Avenue Lake Success.
- Performs diagnostic and procedural coding for Dental Practices
- Reviews and analyzes the medical record to accurately assign the responsible Attending Physician and Clinical Service in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepares abstract information in accordance with mandated NYPMG, state, and federal registry programs. Corrects and resubmits data from abstracts as identified through edit reports from said registries.
- Maintains appropriate files within scope of responsibilities.
- May participate in activities pertaining to Performance Improvement. Production is routinely maintained at quantitative and qualitative standards determined by NYPMG.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years medical record-billing-coding experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with clinical information systems for accessing health information in an electronic environment
- Ability to distinguish colors to identify medical record numbers.
- CCS or ART certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.