Central Sterile Processing Technician - Central Supply - Per Diem - Rotating
LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Pace-Setting Central Sterile Care: Discover Where Amazing Works
NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital in Northern Westchester County is committed to putting patients first. Join our team as a Central Sterile Technician, working alongside NYP Central Sterile Technicians in providing sterilization services to multiple Ambulatory and Inpatient Operating rooms.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing surgical trays and supplies in a safe and cost-effective manner. As a skilled professional at NewYork-Presbyterian, you will be responsible for decontamination, cleaning, assembly, packaging, sterilization, and distribution of surgical instruments.
This is a per diem position working rotating shifts on an as needed basis at NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital. You will be required to work at least 1 work shift weekly.
Prior experience in Central Sterile
High School Diploma of GED
Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
Knowledge of aseptic technique, sterilization technique, infection control requirements, and a basic knowledge of med/surg procedure terminology
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.