Biomedical Engineering Supervisor - Hudson Valley
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
op-Notch Biomedical Equipment: You Can Help Make It Possible
Biomedical Engineering Supervisor –Hudson Valley
Bring your technical talents to New York’s #1-ranked hospital, and help build on a proud tradition of excellence in clinical/biomedical engineering. From heart-lung machines to radiology systems and beyond, superior equipment is vital to our delivery of world-class care and caring. That’s why we’re regularly among the earliest adopters of groundbreaking medical technology – and often, one of few options available to patients facing rare conditions. Find out how you can help Make It Possible.
Across our Hudson Valley campus, your leadership will drive the technical and administrative success of our new in house Biomedical Engineering Department. In this role you will work closely with Hospital leadership, clinicians and operational staff at a variety of levels. You will train, supervise and evaluate a tight-knit team, and foster a family-like culture where everyone celebrates each other’s successes. Help repair biomedical engineering equipment, while ensuring compliance with preventative maintenance standards. Prepare and monitor operating budgets. Perform purchasing and requisition activities, and manage service contracts.
- Master’s degree
- At least two years in a leadership role
- BMET certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering/Electronics Engineering with fifteen years of experience or Associate degree with twenty years of experience as Biomedical Engineering Technician
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to direct work, drive engagement and instill trust
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.