Analyst Medical Data -Coder
LocationYorktown Heights, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works!
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
In this role, the Coding Specialist reviews medical record information to select documented diagnoses and procedures. In accordance with ICD-10-CM and CPT coding guidelines, assigns appropriate codes and APC's for statistical and reimbursement purposes; will perform duties assigned consistent with NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups commitment to provide quality health care services.
- CPC Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Coding experience with physician medical records in a healthcare environment required.
- Knowledge and experience with health care laws, regulations, and standards required.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICD-10; Understanding of reimbursements systems, risk management, and performance improvement.
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle process; Patient registration, billing, payment posting, denial tracking/resolution, accounts receivable, local/state/federal regulations, Fair Debt and
- Collection Practice Act, medical terminology, and payer contract familiarity.
- Computer and systems competency in the following areas: working knowledge of health systems and interfaces, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook, electronic health records. Working knowledge of HIPAA Standards and Policies.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.